Skip to main content

Dear Diary

 I'm reading Brian Eno's diary, which is just a day by day journal of one year in his life. In it somewhere he lists his idea of some of the things he is, in the form of I am... and then each of the things he considers himself to be are either a or an.  So "I am creative" wouldn't work, but "I am a music producer" would.  I quickly closed the book before I read his list and began writing my own, which I may or may not share here.  But I wanted you guys to think about creating your own list and think about sharing it here.  Maybe I'm an optimist to think you might be interested in doing so, but really it might be fun. There might even be some overlap! And don't worry, it seems only two other people would be reading your list.

Comments

  1. I am an optimist, I am a creator, I am a worrier, I am an animal lover ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, please go on. I have 16 on my list so far. 4 at a time? Okay; I am a reader, I am a writer, I am a candle stick burner, I am a realist........

      Delete
  2. 😂🤣"only two other people would be reading your list . . . "
    My list:
    1. I do not journal

    (I might revise this list if it peaks my interest later. Ok TTFN!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not journaling, just making a list. I suppose you could say I am not a journal writer, but this isn't about what you aren't, but what you are. So here's one more of mine that just might pique your interest.
      I am a feminist.

      Delete

Post a Comment

cheryljohnson111@gmail.com, lancefb@gmail.com, marylouiseruth@hotmail.com, mikereagan@ni7t.com, mtgarcia1250@sbcglobal.net, blackoaknaturalist@att.net

Popular posts from this blog

Small Part

 The following is a small part of a story of my life that I'm writing for my children. Since the name of our group is Reading Writing and Arithmetic Club, Lance and I have discussed that it's appropriate to put writings here, so here's some writing. Just for fun.  It's a period of a couple of years during the 60' s.      Even though that first year in Berkeley wasn't easy for me, it was endlessly fascinating. That was Berkeley in the 60s. When I arrived on the scene, organized student protests were already underway, and about to intensify. The Free Speech Movement had begun in October of 1964 with a massive student sit-in at the administration building, Sproul Hall. The students took over the building and refused to leave. A lengthy standoff ended with the students being hauled out of the building and arrested in a huge police action. Afterwards there was a continuing police presence on campus.      This was the norm when I arrived. There were pro...

I Wonder What Happened to You

Stories, it's all about the stories in life. In the vein of Lacuna and Here I Go Again is my own snapshot of stories: I wonder what happened to you  You wrote poems for me,  You were going to take me to  The Rocky Horror Picture Show  We were going to dress up  Your eyes turned green or blue,  Depending on your mood  I wonder what happened to you  Your name like beer  You wrote songs and played guitar  And gave me a dragon ring  Told me not to lick stamps, because you cared  We’d drive the abandoned streets and  You’d stop at green lights   I wonder what happened to you  I loved the cool tattoo you drew yourself  We’d haunt coffee shops in the city  You made me a plastic ring   From the coffee stir stick  Said we were married  We were not  I wonder what happened to you  You’d quote me Shakespeare and   We dress up for the renaissance fair  You painted me pain...

Joy of life and math?

Dabbling in joy fever curious I am so forever young but just now plotting my lifeline x-axis anticipating the positive intercept knowing pain will sometimes overlap the y-axis of joy and wonder. the x-axis is fixed, the y-axis is not, forever sits at said intercept on the x-line the plot a mountain silhouette stretched along the flat x-plane, peaks were the second derivative is zero and none is the number to come.